The new skein of purple yarn arrived, but it was a VERY different dye lot than the skein I had started the hat with. It was so different that I almost thought I had ordered the wrong color. It IS the same color, but I had to start the hat over.
Redoing the start of the hat gave me the opportunity to change the shaping. I decided that I had increased too quickly in the first version, so I charted out a new increase scheme. The bonus is that I was able to make a star on top.
I'm almost done with the increases. Then I'll switch to a 16 inch circular and things will go a lot faster. I can knit fast on double pointed needles if I want to, but during that break between needles I'm often tempted to examine how it is looking so far.
I haven't had much knitting time lately, and that isn't likely to change any time soon. The Komi sweater is moving along at a rate of less than a row per day. If that keeps up, this sweater should be done in a couple of years. Hopefully life will calm down eventually.