Thursday, January 26, 2006

Starting Over

The new skein of purple yarn arrived, but it was a VERY different dye lot than the skein I had started the hat with. It was so different that I almost thought I had ordered the wrong color. It IS the same color, but I had to start the hat over.

Redoing the start of the hat gave me the opportunity to change the shaping. I decided that I had increased too quickly in the first version, so I charted out a new increase scheme. The bonus is that I was able to make a star on top.



I'm almost done with the increases. Then I'll switch to a 16 inch circular and things will go a lot faster. I can knit fast on double pointed needles if I want to, but during that break between needles I'm often tempted to examine how it is looking so far.

I haven't had much knitting time lately, and that isn't likely to change any time soon. The Komi sweater is moving along at a rate of less than a row per day. If that keeps up, this sweater should be done in a couple of years. Hopefully life will calm down eventually.

5 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks great! The old version was beautiful, too, but this time around it's even better!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Oh Emily! I love the star on top. Bummer that you had to start over, but it produced something even more beautiful.

As for the lack of time, we aren't production knitters, just let the knitting relax you and you knit what you have time for.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the solid part of the star a lot - from my vantage point, it looks almost like applied I-cord. Does it stick up from the rest of the hat?

Also - it's unusual to see an odd-numbered motif - 2 thumbs up!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Martha said...

Beautiful hat--love the star! Are those slip stitches?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger j a r e d said...

the newe version looks great! i'm glad you decided to repair the increase issue. can't wait to see it finished!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home