Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Avoiding the Inevitable

I started a hat to match the purple and yellow mittens I showed you yesterday.



It is still very small (about 2 inches across), but I already know that I am going to run out of purple yarn. The yarn is Satakieli, which has very good yardage (100 g skeins of fingering weight wool). However, I have already used that skein of yarn to make the purple and yellow mittens as well as the red and purple mittens that I showed yesterday. There isn't much yarn left. So, I decided to start the hat from the top. I figure that if (when) I run out, instead of ending the hat with the pretty Latvian braid that is on the mittens, I can always do some yellow ribbing. Hopefully I make it far enough that the ribbing doesn't look dumb. I REALLY don't want to buy another skein of this.

3 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a cute start to your hat! A tiny little pentagon :).

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That will make such a nice matched set. Good luck with the yardage -- I hope you don't run out!

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I like the beginning of the hat along with all your mittens. I once had some Satakieli from Schoolhouse for a Latvian mitten kit but I gave it away. I'd like to try knitting with it though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home