Thursday, November 10, 2005

Piles of Fish

I've been working very hard to finish the Fishies Blanket for my Aunt's now-not-so-new baby. I decided to make the blanket a bit smaller than I had planned. It will now have 24 fish in it. That should make a blanket that is just under 3 feet x 3 feet. Big enough to use in the stroller or car seat, etc. but not huge. I've finished the light blue and yellow fish (6 each), I'm half-way done with the green fish, and I need 5 more dark blue fish. The fish only take me about an hour each, but they do take some concentration not to miss any of the increases/decreases.


(when they aren't in piles the fit together much better. And the colors are better in person. Any suggestions for how to photograph light yellow and navy blue in the same photo?)

This blanket is a bit more work than I usually put into baby knits, but I think my Aunt will understand the work that went into it and appreciate it. She chooses not to knit (she doesn't like it, but has knit some very complex, challenging patterns) but she does a lot of sewing and quilting. Our wedding present from her is a beautiful quilt that isn't quite done yet. At my wedding we swopped glimpses of our unfinished projects that are meant for each other. I'm hoping to be done first because while our bed will always be ready for her quilt, her baby won't be small enough for this blanket forever!

2 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I love all those little fish in their orderly piles.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I just love that blanket pattern! It sounds like you have things under control and the baby will get lots of use out of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home