Tuesday, September 06, 2005

non-photogenic knitting

I've been knitting lately, but none of it makes for a good picture.

I made the trifold rim bowl out of the Second Treasury of Magical Knitting. That means that I followed two patterns in one month! I think this is a record! Unfortunately, I have not had time to felt the bowl yet, so it looks a lot like a heap of purple and black knitting. My soon-to-be husband modeled it as a hat, but I'm too nice to post that picture here. Let's just say that it wasn't flattering.

I've also been working on the last of the wedding shawls. That looks like a heap of red knitting. But I have made progress. My junior bridesmaid is now more than 1/3 of the way to having a shawl to wear. That would make the shawl about 43 inches across the top. I'm not sure if that is a good size or not. I only have two increases every other row, so it is very pointed. I don't want it to be too long on her, but I do want it to be big enough across the top so that she will be able to wear it when she is older. She is now 10 years old, but has a very small frame. What do you think? How long down the back is too long? What is a good length across the top?

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about making the long edge the same has her wingspan? As far as depth, that's sort of subject to personal taste. Maybe make it so the point goes past her rear end? (Otherwise, it may look like an arrow.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home