Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Magical Pumpkin

I couldn't take the shawl knitting any more, so I decided to start a small, fun, easy project. I made a magical basket (from The Second Treasury of Magical Knitting by Cat Bordhi) out of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Pumpkin. I followed the pattern exactly, except that I didn't check my gauge, and used a size 10 needle instead of the recommended size 11. It took less than one 50g skein of yarn. This project was easy, but interesting to make. And it went really, really fast. I started last night, and finished it this morning. Here it is:



And here it is felted:



Would I make more of these? Absolutely. I loved working with the knitpicks yarn- I think it is perfect for felting. I think it might pill a lot in a sweater, but for a basket it is fine. And the pattern was quick and fun.

More on the shawls next week.

6 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like such a cute little pumpkin! You could embroider a face on it and make it a little jack-o-lantern. Better yet, fill it with candy corn!

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just lovely, and I think it is such a quick, creative gift! (And, uhm, cheap) I'm loving your photos and the fact that I can comment to each entry! Are you enjoying Blogger so far?

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great new digs!

I love that little basket. What a wonderful break from all the shawl knitting!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, didn't realized you moved till just now. (I never saw the update post on your other blog!)

Great pumpkin - are you going Trick or Treating this year? :D

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

Cute little basket!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee, hee! Cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home