I couldn't wait
I looked at this shawl with its 5 leaves of border left to go, and I couldn't let it sit unfinished. So I knit all 5 of those leaves. When I got to the end, I remembered a little mistake I had made at the beginning that I didn't go back and correct. Instead of doing a provisional cast-on so that I could just graft the end of the border to the beginning, I did a regular cast on.
This means that the grafting was a bit harder than it should have been. And it didn't come out as well as I would have liked it to. I'm sure you can tell which leaf has the join.
But hopefully when I'm wearing the shawl, and people are looking at it from more of a distance, it won't be too obvious.
I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to block the border. If I leave it pinned out in the living room, it won't be a secret project any more. It might have to wait until the night before the wedding.