Monday, August 22, 2005

So Close I Can Taste It

Both shawls I have been working on are almost done!

See that tiny little gap in the border of my wedding shawl? Just 5 more leaves, and that gap will be gone! I've discovered that it is this shawl that has been hurting my wrist. While I love the yarn I am using (Unspun Icelandic from Schoolhouse Press), it doesn't have a lot of stretch so it is hard on the hands. I can only do about 2 leaves per day without my wrist hurting. So maybe in about 3 more days I'll have this one done.



I also made great progress on the second bridesmaid's shawl this weekend. I'm ready to turn the last corner. Then it's just 10 more leaf repeats and I'll have another one done! This shawl hasn't been blocked at all, so just imagine it looking like this (August 15th).



Hopefully my second bag of this yarn will come in soon so I can start figuring out how to make this pattern into a triangular shawl.

4 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those shawls are looking great, and you're incredibly close to being done!

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, plenty of time to spare! Kudos to you for being able to do that whole amazing white shawl in secret!

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Way to go! Looks like you can even move the wedding date up a few weeks if you needed to ;) Or you could just relax and enjoy yourself before the wedding insanity begins.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawlsv look beautiful. You'll be done in plenty of time for the wedding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home