Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Three down...

One to go.

I finished the second of the Bridesmaids' Shawls. There is no need to post a picture. It is identical to the first one. When I have the second one all blocked and dry, I'll post a picture of them together just so you know that there really are two of them.

I've also started a shawl for my junior bridesmaid. She's 10 years old, but small for her age. I want to make her something that she can wear now without looking like she is wearing her mother's clothes, but that she can also wear when she is grown up. I also have limited time for this project. About six weeks of knitting time left to go. Who knows how big a shawl I'll have time to make? So, I'm making this one triangular. I've started at the bottom point, and I'm knitting on the leaf border as I go. That way, when I run out of time all I'll have to do is put on a border along the top edge. Also, I think that triangular shawls of varying sizes can be worn comfortably. So, here is what I have so far.




(I had some lighting problems with the photos. These red shawls are hard to take pictures of!)

This may be the last time I can stretch it out to take a good picture of it for a while. But, because I've already used the same yarn and the same needles for two similar shawls, I should be able to estimate how big it will be after blocking all along the way. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to stretch it out wider when I'm blocking it. Right now, it measures 13 inches from tip to top and about 15 inches across the top.

But if you think that means that there won't be any pictures here for a while, think again. There are two new projects just being born. But I'll save those for another rainy day. It looks like we'll have enough rainy days over the next week here in the Boston area to go around.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

That's quite a job taking on the shawls for the wedding. They had better appreciate all that work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home