Wednesday, September 14, 2005

One Fish...

I wasted no time yesterday before going across the river to a good LYS. A very friendly and helpful employee suggested that I use Cascade 220 Superwash for the baby blanket. This is what I bought:


(sorry for the blurry picture- none of the crisp ones showed the colors right)

When I got home yesterday night, I immediately cast on for the first fish. Here he is:


Only 43 left to go! (or less if I run out of time- I'm planning to give away the finished blanket at my wedding) If you want to see finished versions of the blanket, look here or here.

I also finally felted the purple and black heap of yarn that I finished knitting a while ago. It is a trifold mobius bowl. I'm not too happy with how it turned out. I used brown sheep worsted weight yarn, but I think the needles I used must have been too small. It didn't felt enough, even after three trips through the machine. At least it didn't take long to make.




I'm trying to work on the last shawl for a while tonight, but the fish keep trying to pull me in....

6 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fish is simply adorable! That's a great and fun blanket, with a much more interesting result than a simple squares blanket, but the same amount of work!

 
At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...two fish. I friggin' love that blanket!

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the bowl! Hopefully in a week or so it will start to grow on you too. It's very cool!

Yeah for fishies, that blanket is too cute! Have fun with it. Let the fishies be the low stress part of these weeks leading up to the wedding.

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a great blanket! It does look like fun to knit. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bowl looks great. What don't you like about it - isn't it stiff enough or did you want less stitch definition. I am asking because I want to make these and want to learn from your experiences. :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

The bowl looks great, but if you're not happy about it nobody can change your mind. I've been there,
Li

 

Post a Comment

<< Home