Monday, November 07, 2005

I'm Married!

While this post has absolutely no knitting content, there are sheep.

After a very long absence, I'm back. While I was gone, I was busy with great things. First, I got married. The wedding was wonderful, even though it rained several inches per day for the whole weekend. The photographer has told us that she took literally thousands of pictures, but we won't have them for another two weeks. If there are any good pictures of the shawls, I'll post them here.

Then we went on our honeymoon. It was a great trip. I highly recommend Sardinia as a vacation spot. It is a beautiful island with beautiful mountains and beaches, surrounded by the Mediteranean Sea. And they have lots and lots of sheep. When we went hiking, we saw sheep being grazed near the tops of mountains.

(the little white dots in the middle of this pictue are sheep. Look closely.)


When we drove along the roads, we saw sheep in their pastures. We even saw a shepard running his sheep down the middle of the road.

(This picture was taken by my husband. I was too busy trying to learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission on narrow roads that wind their way up, down, and through the mountains.)

Unfortunately, there was little opportunity to purchase wooly products. A bit of Sardinian yarn would have been a good souvenir. But it was still fun to see the sheep.

I have done a little bit of knitting lately, but not much. I'm starting to wonder how I used to find time to knit. There's just so much to do.... I'll show you knitting sometime soon.

6 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more wedding and vacation stories!

Johanna
Jofrog is Knitfrog

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations! The honeymoon in Sardinia looks amazing. I'm looking forward to wedding pictures!

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of the shawls in action!

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're back! I've been waiting and waiting... (I'm having trouble picking up your atom feed - any idea why?) Congratulations! I can't wait to see wedding photos! (About that rain? We call that "showers of happiness.") Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Sardinia.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! Congratulations!!!

And how cute are those sheep??!!

That is really only a sight you see in Europe. I remember driving along on the "highway" in Portugal along with an ox cart and a few cows. Hehehe. ;-)

sounds like a GREAT honeymoon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home