Monday, December 12, 2005

Done, Done, and Done!

I finished the fish blanket. I ripped out the border and tried to crochet again. The first time the edge was too loose, this time the edge is too tight. I'm just leaving it. I didn't take a picture because I packed it in the box before I had a chance to change my mind. I included some of the red yarn I used to connect all the pieces, so if the mom doesn't like it, she can fix it herself. That's the beauty of giving handknit gifts to knitters.

I also finished the mittens and mitten liners for my sister in law:



I really like how they came out. They are soft on the inside, durable on the outside, and extremely warm. I hope she likes them as much as I do!

Here's the details:
Outer mittens:
Yarn: Jamieson and Smith color #124 (purple), Jamieson's color #150 (blue) and Jamieson and Smith color #9143 (red)
Needles: size 1 double points
Pattern: adapted from the Pattern from Hangvar in The Mitten Book by Gottfridsson and Gottfridsson. I added a wide thumb gusset and a corrugated rib cuff.

Liners:
Basic mittens (no pattern) that mimic the shape of the outer mittens, but they are a little bit smaller. They have a 2x2 rib cuff that is slightly shorter than the outer mittens.
Needles: size 1 double points
Yarn: 100% alpaca fingering/sport weight that was left over from a sweater. I have about 1 yard left now!

Next up: I have two pair of Latvian mittens that both need matching hats. I'm not sure which one I'll do first. Maybe something to match the yellow ones? I think I have enough yarn for at least one of the hats.


6 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All your mittens look wonderful! The yellow and black (or is it dark blue?) ones are particularly beautiful!

 
At 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love them all! especially the mittens with the liners... the colours are so rich and lovely together.

Bea
bsywan at gmail dot com

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, those mittens are just breath-taking!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Kara said...

The mittens are amazing.

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beauteous mittens! What a great eye for color you have.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

wow - mittens like those are art! they are beautiful and look warm and functional - all great things for cold hands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home