Friday, December 02, 2005

Fish Layout

I've finished reknitting fish! I decided to only rip out enough of them so that I would have enough yarn to make all six dark blue ones. The dark blue fish aren't all the same size, but I decided that the bigger ones actually fit better with the other colors than the reknit smaller ones do.

The next question is how to arrange the colors in the blanket. Which layout do you like best?

Option #1:


Option #2:


Option #3:


You may notice that in all three of my favorites (I did try about 5 other arrangements last night, but I'll spare you the gory details) there is a logical arrangement of the colors. Random is not an option.

It looks like the finished blanket will be just over two feet wide by just under three feet long. Please try to ignore the many, many ends that still need to be woven in.

8 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm liking the last option. The stronger diagonal lines make it more interesting, somehow.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief! Finally the fish knitting is complete! I like either one or three - the diagonal arrangments are fun!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I like option 3 the best. It's looking great!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jofrog said...

I like option 1 with 3 being second. I don't like 2, but if you go for it I'll lie for you! ;-)

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger The Chickengoddess said...

Option 3 is the best! I think it is the most balanced of the three. Cool pattern!

 
At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think option #1 looks more "natural" - this being fish and #1 making them look like they are swimming in groups just like when you watch big groups of fish in their natural surroundings - they move more or less like that. And I find it most harmoneus to look at at - #3 is my second option but I think it is just a tad too "messy" despite the logical arrangement.

Can't wait to see the final result!
Bettina from Denmark

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Option 1!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Mini said...

Option 2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home