Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ripping again

Thanks for all the nice comments about the fish blanket.

I folded it up and put it in a box with a note and washing instructions. But I couldn't make myself close the box. The blanket is just not right. It is an example of poor workmanship, and I can't give that to someone else as a gift. If my Aunt had made that blanket for herself, she would rip it out and make it right. So I shouldn't give it to her as a gift when it looks wrong. I'm going to ignore the puckering of the fish heads because I don't really know what I could do that would fix it, and if I lay the blanket on a soft sufrace and smooth it out, the puckering disappears. But I think I have some ideas for how to fix the border. I'm going to try using a larger crochet hook and crocheting less frequently around the outside. Hopefully it looks better!

1 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, perfectionism! My sympathies... :)

But you'll make it better and learn something in the process, so it's all good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home