Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Wet.

In spite of the wet weather last weekend, I did make it to the NHS&W. I really didn't think I was going (we were spending the weekend with my husband's family who happen to live in NH), but it turns out my mother in law has been wanting to go to NHS&W all year. So, on Sunday we all piled into cars and braved the wet weather. I brought a camera, but it was raining too hard to pull it out. I think that my husband and mother in law were the only other members of the group who really enjoyed the experience. It might have had something to do with the fact that they were the only other members of the group dressed for the weather. Hats and mittens were really necessary. And jeans were not a good choice of pants. I did, however, manage to make a little purchase:


It's a Bosworth mini spindle made out of Tulipwood. It is beautiful, and spins effortlessly. I love it! Jonathan pointed out that it might have been a bit silly that we both drove up to NH so that I could buy one of his spindles, and that it probably would have been closer for me to just visit them in Acton, but I was at NHS&W anyway, and I liked the spindle, so why not buy it then?

I have also finished my felted bag:



It has been through the washer three times now, but I think it needs at least one more washing. I don't want to see any stitch definition! You can see the moebius twist on the left side of the picture. I was a bit skeptical about how a twist would work on a bag strap, but it does actually work well to keep the bag closed when I'm wearing it.

I've also started a new project:



It's a scarf to match my yellow and purple Latvian hat and mitten set. I'm using some nice bulky alpaca that I got on my recent Webs trip. The stitch pattern is Diagonal Brioche from Barbara Walker's Treasuries of Stitch Patterns. The reverse side of this pattern makes Brioche Knot Stitch. That means that this scarf will look great on both sides! In just three short evenings of knitting time, I'm almost a third of the way done with this scarf. If this weather keeps up much longer, I might actually get to wear it this season!

As quickly as my knitting has been going recently, I'm getting sick of these big needles! Somehow progress isn't as satisfying when it comes so quickly and with so little effort. I have a feeling that I'll be back to smaller needle projects soon.

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bosworths definitely make a nice spindle. :)

Hope y'all dry out soon!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That bag is looking good! That color reminds me of something that used to shine in the sky. I can't remember what it was, it's been so long.

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That spindle looks incredibly nice! Hope you get some nice yarn on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home