Thursday, April 06, 2006

Finished Faroese

I finally finished the double knit Faroese hat. I love it! Double knitting (at least in my hands) isn't as even as regular stockinette, but I think it has more character. And this hat is WARM!

One fun aspect of double knitting is that it produces a reversible fabric. This hat is grey on one side and red on the other.




I took advantage of it being reversible to make a fold-up contrasting brim:



I think I'm going to have to wait until next winter to wear this outside. Four layers of wool over my ears is a bit much for April.

10 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That is a great hat! I wouldn't pack the hat away for next year just yet though, despite the nicer weather we've been having lately. You just never know up here in the New England tundra...

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Excellent, I love double knit hats! It looks great. You will be so toasty next year when you are farther north and colder!

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! And you will definitely use it a lot next winter.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger j a r e d said...

reversible color changing hat! genius.. gotta make one of those next year. where'd you get the pattern?

thanks for sharing!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Beth S. said...

Holy mackerel! That is a truly awesome hat. :-) I even like both sides!

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crapola! That's one amazing hat!

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so beautiful, and clever! I am sure it will be very useful next year.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Lotta said...

I want to copy Carrie above and say "so beautiful and clever"! I also love the Latvian hat pattern that you have. That will definitely go on my "list of things to knit" for next fall!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger RC said...

You're good!

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

That looks really great. I could something warm like that in Vermont! You said the pattern was from a book of Faroese patterns? Is it by Marilyn Van Keppel, or something different? I'd love to get a copy of the book. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home