Monday, March 13, 2006

sock on-the-go

Thanks for all of your comments on my sweater shaping. After reading what all of you had to say about waist shaping, really examining my own shaping, and trying on the sweater, I decided that I needed to do some ripping. I decided that my rate of decreasing was good, but that I needed to increase more slowly. The sweater is about 4 inches smaller now, but I think I will be happier with it in the end.

Some of you may be wondering what happened to the socks that I was working on during the Olympics. I finished the first sock pretty quickly and cast on for the second one. Then I decided that these socks were WAY too boring for every day knitting. But, I just recently started taking the subway to work. I don't have a long ride, but I have time to get in a row or two going each way. I figure that's enough knitting for the sock to be done by next winter. However, I was having trouble knitting with the ball of yarn loose in my purse. Here's the package that is now getting thrown in my purse:


I've been storing the ball of yarn inside the growing sock, and just pulling gently when I need more yarn. It works perfectly. When I'm not knitting, my working needle prevents the ball of yarn from falling out. This is just one more reason to knit socks from the toe up!

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect! What a handy little package!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home