Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It has a waist!

I spent last weekend (plus a few days) visiting my parents and grandparents. I didn't have much time to knit while I was there, but I did put some of the airplane hours to good use. I'm past the waist shaping of my Komi sweater.



I love the way the pattern is coming out. I think that you can really start to see what it will look like. And the blue in the border doesn't bother me nearly as much now that I have more of the body done. The color changes in the main body pattern are a bit more subtle in person, and I think that they give the pattern a lot of interest. While the pattern may look complicated, it is actually very simple to knit. It's just a series of diamonds that are all the same size. The only tricky part is remembering how to connect them to each other.

I'm not really sure about my waist shaping. I used the shape of my body as a guide, and when I try it on the sweater seems to fit, but the decreases and increases look to me like they may be too abrupt. But when I look at my waist, the curves there look pretty abrupt too. I am extremely short-waisted, so most sweaters with shaping don't fit me right. This made it hard to find something to use as a guide. Hopefully a good blocking will be able to hide any problems. I'm really hoping that I won't have to rip out the body. Ripping makes me grumpy.

5 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger j a r e d said...

its looking really amazing! keep on truckin'

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So far, so good! I love the colors you've chosen!

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it's looking wonderful!

Hope you had a good visit with the family!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Martha said...

What it looks like now doesn't really matter. What matters is how it looks on your body. If your curves are abrupt, your sweater's should be too. I am also short waisted and usually decrease one inch on each side in width over six inches in length. (Disclaimer: I like my sweaters on the looser side rather than the tighter side).

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

That's a lot of knitting since I saw it at Knitsmiths a couple of weeks ago - especially at that gauge! I love the colors together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home