Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Faroese Hat

While the Komi sweater is slowly growing back to where it was before I ripped, I thought I would show you a side project I've been working on:


It's going to be a double-knit hat. The two-color patterns are from a book of Faroese patterns. I'm planning to make it long enough that I can fold up the brim. That way both sides will be visible, and the hat will be twice as warm over my ears. I have a feeling that next winter when I'm remembering what -50 degrees F feels like, I'll be glad for all the warmth I can get!

I started this hat the first time I was frustrated with the Komi sweater. The border pattern was lots of fun, but then I got to the relatively plain (boring) body of the hat. Hopefully I can stay interested for long enough to finish the project.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Jofrog said...

Oh, I just love the flow of double knitting, this will be just like sock knitting. Nice and comfortable when you don't have the energy or desire to really work at your knitting. Like a warm bath, yeah, that's it!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Beth S. said...

That's going to be a splendid hat! I love the colors, and the pattern looks simple but very effective. Double knitting intrigues me, but I've never tried it. One day, though!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Reese said...

wow, that hat looks pretty awesome. i need to learn both double knitting and how to knit with more than one colour at a time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home