Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Yarn

I have some new yarn to show, but I didn't increase the size of my stash. How did I do it? I spun the yarn from stash fiber.

First, some corriedale that I dyed a while ago. It is about 65 yards of a fingering to sport weight yarn. I have one other similar skein that I spun soon after I dyed it.


It's not very even, but I'll use it anyway. Any ideas for a project?

Next, I started spinning a beautiful batt that I got in a Knitsmiths yarn swap last year. I have no idea what the fiber is or who dyed it, but I'm guessing it's wool of some sort. I LOVE how this is coming out. The reds and blues and purples are blending beautifully. This is about 108 yards of a lace to fingering weight yarn. I have plenty more to spin, so right now I think this might become a lace scarf of some sort.


Both of these skeins were spun on my Bosworth midi spindle.

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, stripey gloves!? That orange would pair up well with different shades of reddish and brownish.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the stripey glove idea!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home