I haven't had lots of time to knit, but I've been knitting steadily. And I've made some progress!
I'm really close to finishing my red sweater.
I'm working on the raglan decreases for the second sleeve. I think I have a block against finishing this sweater. First, I'm a bit concerned that it is coming out just a little bigger than I would have liked. Second, I think there might be a problem with the raglan shaping on the back. I'm not really sure I want to find out whether these problems exist or not.
So instead of doing the last little bit of that sleeve, I've been working on my Hand-to-Hand Aran. I'm really close (one more repeat of the big cable!) to finishing the sleeves/yoke of this sweater. Just to orient you a little bit, the neck opening is at the top center of the picture, and the sleeves are bent at approximately the elbow. I'll knit the body of the sweater by picking up stitches along the bottom edge (along the part that has the honeycomb repeat).
Knitting these cables with the closed ring patterns was challenging at first. I was able to close the rings just fine, but when I tried to open a ring, I got big gaping holes. You can see an example of this near the bottom of this picture.
I finally figured out what the directions were saying a few repeats in. You can see the difference in the ring opening near the top of this picture. I decided not to rip anything out. If the holes are still there after washing (this yarn still has its spinning oil, so some holes might appear smaller after washing) then I'll sew them up from the inside.
As soon as I finish the last bit of the yoke I'm going to give it a wash. I can't wait to see how it looks!