Tuesday, April 08, 2008

April Baby Blanket

Posting here will continue to be intermittent at best. Blogging just isn't a priority right now, and our home computer is mostly being used by my husband for work purposes. But I am reading a lot of blogs, and keeping up (somewhat) with Ravelry. Although picture posting there has been minimal lately too.

I've finished several projects since I last posted, most notably a sweater for my husband and a pair of mittens. But I don't have pictures of those yet. What I do have a picture of is a baby blanket that I made for a new cousin. It's the Mystery Blanket from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac. I modified it somewhat to elimiate the yarn-over holes and add colorful stripes.



I'm not thrilled with the way the colors came out (I think it's too much blue, even though it is a baby boy), but I sent it off anyway. This was a tough project. My tastes tend to be pretty traditional, but the mother owns a Marimekko shop. So I tried to pick bright colors and a pattern that is both modern and traditional.


I hope they like it!

7 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger June said...

I think it looks great - something about the red and blue square is particularly eyecatching.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blanket! The Marimekko store owner is sure to love it!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The blanket came out great! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the husband sweater.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Rayne said...

Gorgeous blanket!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Nik said...

I think that this blanket is beautiful. :D

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger rosalia said...

HI, you knit beautifuls works. Thans for share patterns with us.
Rosalias

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As claimed by Stanford Medical, It is really the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh 42 pounds less than we do.

(Just so you know, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and absolutely EVERYTHING about "HOW" they are eating.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "what"...

Tap on this link to find out if this short quiz can help you find out your real weight loss possibility

 

Post a Comment

<< Home