Monday, September 10, 2007

Celtic Baby Blanket

I finished (and gifted) my Celtic Baby Blanket back in July, but I never posted the finished product. To refresh your memory, it's a totally reversible baby blanket that I made out of Knitpicks Swish Superwash in color Dublin. Here it is!



I worked the blanket out from the center in a seed stitch-like pattern, then added the border to the live stitches.



Here's a close-up of the mitered corner. It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



It looks great on my rocking chair too! I want one!



And finally, proof that it really is reversible, cables and all.

This blanket took 15 balls of yarn and way too much time to knit, but I'm really happy with the result. The hardest part of the project was grafting the border stitches together at the end. I think I finally learned how to graft, beyond just following the directions for stockinette stitch grafting.

14 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The reversibility is quite an accomplishment!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's beautiful. You did such a great job. Well worth all the effort!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I hope the blanket is treasured for life!h

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Dove Knits said...

Wow, is that pretty! I love it! My Dublin colorway was much darker when I ordered it...I love how springy and bright this looks!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger knitteakitty said...

Simply stunning, I'd consider a career in designing, if I were you! What a beautiful heirloom.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger |chee-uh| said...

I found this on Ravelry. It's lovely. Please, please, please post a pattern for us one day soon!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Singular Stitches said...

Congratulations on finishing the afghan. It's beautiful!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Joan said...

It's really beautiful. I'm in awe!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

This is so absolutely incredibly beautiful. It has detail but it so different. No lacey holes for baby's fingers. I would consider this a knitting masterpiece for a blanket. Absolutely beautiful!!!!! I would love to make this.
Nancy

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Swiftstar said...

this is the most stunning baby blanket I have ever seen!! I love the color and the design. You really must write out the pattern and sell it. I'd buy it. All I can say is WOW!

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Emily
I would like to get the pattern for this blanket and I will pay for it if you want.
Write to me on ekstrand.sussie@gmail.com.
I love this pattern.
Sussie

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Sophia5 said...

How can I get this Pattern? I just saw this and cannot find it anywhere. I am willing to purchase. It's beautiful and I would really like to make it. Please email me at: xyzinsure@aol.com.

Thanks!
Miriam

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger PJ said...

I would also love to purchase this pattern please e mail me at pjportfolio@gmail.com

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Marnie said...

Beautiful - I would also love to purchase the pattern! Please email me at marnieforan@gmail.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home