Thursday, August 02, 2007

Sockapalooza DONE!

I've finished my sockapalooza socks, and am now done with deadline knitting! Yes, that means that the baby blanket is done too. But that story will have to wait for another time.



Here are the sockapalooza socks:



That's my hand in the sock, not a deformed foot. My pal's feet are smaller than mine, and I didn't want to risk ruining the socks by putting them on. They aren't as small as they look in the picture, though. The stitch pattern is very stretchy. I hope she likes them!

Here are the details:

Yarn: Trekking Pro Natura, 75% superwash wool, 25% bamboo

Needles: Size 1 Inox double points

Pattern: Basic toe-up gusset socks with a stitch pattern added. I used a mock-cable pattern that I found in Barbara Walker.

These socks are now on their way to their new home, and I'm on to making a sweater for my husband (his first hand-knit sweater). I'll be designing for a while, but I'll be back eventually.

3 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His first hand knit? How can that be?

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger bookwoman said...

Lucky sockapalooza pal! Those socks are beautiful.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As stated by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh 19 kilos lighter than us.

(And really, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING to around "how" they eat.)

P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

Tap this link to see if this quick questionnaire can help you unlock your real weight loss potential

 

Post a Comment

<< Home